Dress Better, Feel Better
Everyone deserves to love how they look. You are unique and
fabulous, learn how to dress better and feel better in the process!
De-clutter Your Wardrobe
First and foremost, de-clutter your wardrobe. Take all your clothes out and get to organising! What do you wear most, what feels comfortable, what haven’t you worn in a long time or never worn? Sort them into piles of what will you keep, sell or donate. Donating some clothing will make you feel good as you will have helped someone less fortunate.
Some items may be stained or torn and beyond repair; therefore get rid of those clothes or find another use for them – t-shirts make good cleaning rags and dusting cloths… Once you’re done organising you can hang up and re-pack. Don’t keep anything you haven’t worn in a year. In short, make sure to get rid of the unwanted items soon before they clutter up your wardrobe again. Having a de-cluttered wardrobe is just the beginning of your feel good fashion journey.
Develop Your Own Style
Now that your wardrobe is organised you can start to develop your own style. Note which items make you feel confident and amazing, keeping in mind style, colour and fit. Subsequently, stick to those designs when shopping for new outfits. Also take care to wear clothing that compliments your features and figure so that you look good and feel good. It will also help to have some essential items to build on.
Wardrobe Essentials That Will Make You Dress Better And Feel Better
- Denim – Jeans are casual and they can be dressed up. Even torn jeans, when worn with a shirt and a formal shoe look chic. Make sure you have a few pairs in different styles that look good on you; and a denim jacket is a Must-Have. Dungarees worn with a t-shirt and sneakers are super cute too.
- Black Dress – A rule of fashion is that every woman should own a “little black dress”, it should be simple and elegant and can be dressed up or down. Having a go-to outfit for evening events is important. You can mix and match with different accessories, shoes, hairstyles and jackets to have heads turning on every occasion!
- T-shirts –Whether they’re plain white, different colours, with stripes or patterns, having t-shirts in your wardrobe makes it more versatile. Make sure to have different styles like round-neck which are more casual and golf-t’s which are a little more stylish. Wear them with jeans for a casual look or dress them up with pants and sandals when you feel like looking smart.
- Black pants and formal shirts – Formal clothing can come in handy whether you’re going to work or on a date. You can wear pants in place of jeans when you want to look less casual and more stylish.
- Jacket – Jackets can be worn simply to keep you warm, but the right style can do wonders for your outfit. When shopping for a jacket, imagine what it will look like with what you already have in your wardrobe. The way a jacket fits you can determine whether you look fashionable or sloppy so make sure it’s the right fit before taking it home. Experiment with different designs to mix and match over all of your eye-catching clothes. A stunning jacket will make you feel beautiful.
Once you’ve sorted all the essential items you’re well on your way to developing your own style. The essentials will work as your foundation on which you’ll build your style. As fashion is ever changing, so too your style will also continue to develop. Furthermore, pay attention to trends and copy looks that you find appealing, but make them your own with your signature items.
Accessorise, Accessorise, Accessorise
There are so many different accessories to choose between! You can use big and bulky, lots of colour, gold and silver, bangles, watches, rings, earrings, chains, necklaces, handbags, scarves… the list is endless. Use accessories to compliment your outfit. Using different accessories with the same outfit can make it look completely new and fresh. Pretty accessories will help you dress better and therefore feel better.
Shoes To Match
The shoes list goes on forever as well! Pumps, heels, boots, sneakers, sandals… your choice of footwear can completely alter an outfit. Before deciding on a look, dress it up with different shoes to see which looks better. For instance, if you usually wear sneakers, try wearing high heels sometimes.
The more you experiment with clothing, shoes and accessories the more confident you will feel. To clarify, knowing that you look good will have you feeling like a million bucks. Give it a try!